Vaccine to tackle Ebola outbreak will take six to nine months, says WHO
The response to the current wave of the disease, which has caused 139 deaths in central Africa to date, has been hampered by security con…
The response to the current wave of the disease, which has caused 139 deaths in central Africa to date, has been hampered by security concerns Doses of the “most promising” potential vaccine against the Bundibugyo virus that is causing an Ebola outbreak in central Africa will not be available for six to nine months, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday, as the number of suspected cases rose to 600. Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the WHO, told a press briefing on the outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda, that there had been 139 deaths, with numbers expected to rise. Continue reading...
Read full article on The GuardianAI summaries can be wrong sometimes—always verify important details using the source article.